Thursday 21 April 2011

Alphabet...

I've been thinking more about developing a skill and being able to apply this idea of wood burning (pyrography) to my brooches and I've decided to start with cutting out letters of the alphabet in the style of old wood blocks which children used to play with and adding detail to these with the pyrography pen.

Today I created the files using the pen tool and then went to the laser cutter to get the outlines cut...it's quite exciting. I've had to consider size a lot as using a pyrograhy pen could be hard for tiny detail.
They don't look perfect and I haven't used the actual type to produce them, I've used images of the old wood blocks that I've found, however I don't mind the rustic and un-perfected look and feel of them, that's not what my work is about.

No comments:

Post a Comment