Wednesday 15 December 2010

FMP - Inspiration.

So here we are, at the beginning of my last creative project at university!
Three things which are important for me to achieve throughout my FMP are:

- Showing real skill through my illustration and media I use.
- Communicating messages/morals and reality, which my audience can relate to and enjoy.
- A final exhibition piece which is professional and captures the true individualism of all my work.

Below are some images of things which excite me and are inspiration for 'ways in which things are put together', to the 'media creatives are using' and also 'the messages which are being communicated'.

Came across these when browsing wood vaneer. Paintings by Rob Milam, drawn with wood vaneer, pretty fantastic and very skilled, I particularly like the texture which is set my the wood and then the colours on wood. I really want to be exploring the things you can apply to wood throughout my FMP, such as screenprinting onto it using foils and pyrography, hopefully producing a big scale final piece.


I adore the messages and feelings which are provoked by Rob Ryan's cute and quaint paper cut illustrations. The way he communicates real feelings from one piece of paper is clever and also this idea of cutting away at one piece of paper makes it special - I want to take this and transform the 'special' and 'unique' element through to the wood I use and the ways I present and produce my work. Rob Ryan will always remain a key influence.
Visit his website here... http://www.misterrob.co.uk/ ....for a smile or two :)


I'm just at the beginning of my secret love affair with Leanne Shapton's amazing but simple creations. The way in which she applies ink to a surface with ease, humour and also great detail even through the paintings simplicity, amazes me and is something I want to. This skill she has is something I will try to learn from looking at her work and take it to mine. Also like the way in which she produces narratives through realist subjects, like her book which describes 'Ex-partners' in 'Was She Pretty?'. Another aspect of her work which is beautiful, is the hand-painted type which she produces, which I would like to practice and do.


Something else which resonates through my work and will always have an influence on me is the 50s woman and the fashions of this time. Have come across this website which holds the key to lots of reference material... http://www.doctormacro.com/index.html.
This is important, as well as lots of things that I will be collecting through out my whole project!




No comments:

Post a Comment