Saturday 18 December 2010

Pyrography for beginners...

It's important for me to be constantly practicing with my new pyrography pen, so I aim to be producing little pieces on wood to practice and get better the whole way through this project. I want to be able to be good at producing small images, to try and make brooches this way, instead of relying on a laser cutter. I've been watching youtube tutorials on how pyrography works and how to actually do it! See below - along with some little notes.


- Popular in the 17th century, used on furniture.
- Sycammore wood and Birch ply wood... Ideal Grain.
- Carbon paper....to tranfer illustration to the wood.


- Cross Hatching.
- Practice on paper first - low heat.


- Wood burning works in many different ways.
- Adding texture.
- Multi-media type work.

No comments:

Post a Comment