Wednesday 11 May 2011

Blue For Girls & Pink For Boys?

Been putting my 'Chicks Before Dicks' and 'Bro's Before Hoes' and have read that back a while ago blue's for boys and pinks for girls wasn't always the case!
I found it interesting that the colour blue was always used to dress up little baby girls, this has some relation to the idea of the virgin Mary being dressed in blue... and the boys being pink wasn't as true and it's said that they were dressed in reds, not pinks.
This is very interesting as I have been looking at this idea of genderisation and stereotyping into specific genders, but this seems to go against it, although I guess it was a form of genderisation back then, just not as we know it today.

There are some interesting facts below...

I've been deliberating over the colours, but I think I want to use the classic pinks for girls and blues for boys within my images as it's more obvious to my audience...

No comments:

Post a Comment