Friday 25 March 2011

Pillows?...More pretty brands

As well as buying clothes, it seems that women are obsessed with buying little things here and there for the home so turning some of my fabric designs into pillows or things for around the home seems perfect.
The design below is by the creative group 'Rise and Fall', very pretty and like the heart shape, what's also really clever is that there are skulls hidden within it, I like this idea.

It seems that block colours are pretty trendy at the moment and I also want to look at maybe having a different back and front to the pillow, this exaggerates the front and feels more like a piece of work, which could be useful if I work on big images which aren't a repeat. For a repeat pattern pillow I will look to having the whole of the pillow covered.
Whether I'll have time or not to produce pillows I'm not sure, but it's been really interesting exploring all the available brands out there and learning bits from them for my jewellery brand!

No comments:

Post a Comment