Tuesday 8 March 2011

Web Design - 1st meeting with M.Shields

Today I met Matt and we spent a couple of hours discussing initial thoughts on the design and look of the website. We compared websites already existing and I showed him print outs of websites of illustrators I likes the look of. We also looked more in depth at the Cargo Collective websites and how they look and work. Through reccomendation this is what I would like to design my website on, but we are unsure of how to actually get an account. This is what I'm looking into now and hope to have sorted by next week.

Throughout our chat, Matt also taught me a lot about finder a cheap 'hoster' for your site and also about 'plugins' which include interesting pop up boxes which you can take free, all of them different.

I made it clear that I really wanted a personal and painted feel to most of the bits on my website and so we have gone through and marked up all the neccesary bits which I will/need to paint, so that's on my to do list over the next couple of weeks!

Towards the end, we had drawn some plans, and done a rough design of the whole thing. Matt is now creating a better template than our drawings and out next meeting will be next week. I am trying to find out how to get an account with 'Cargo Collective' and emailing various people to understand it better.

No comments:

Post a Comment