Friday 25 March 2011

Tutorial - 25th March.

Well today I spoke to Matt really briefly, told him that I was really agitated by this idea of producing zines or a book format and that I really want to produce prints/screen printing and explore working with media that I really enjoy using. I feel that the basis of what this projects holds for me is now clear and I know what I'm producing loosely.

- A series of images commenting on the subject of beauty in some way
- Use pyrography within brooches more
- Doing big pieces for my final show using pyrography
- Creating a brooch narrative some how
Want to try and use the graphic lines... within images.

I also spoke to Matt about the lack of explorative colour in my work, and expressed that I felt it was pussying out. He said no it isn't and that it's me so not to get to agitated by it. Although, I am going to try and put more colour in my work over the next few weeks...

To do:
- By next week (Wednesday) for the interim Crit, going to have filled my sketchbook with possible print ideas and development.
- Taking a sketchbook and a paintbrush/ink to a barge trip I'm going on, to further my skill within illustration and practice on my week off. A break from my subject and practicing my skill might evoke new ideas and inspire me.
- Explore the fabrics more... look for possible outcomes for them.

No comments:

Post a Comment